Transitional Living Program
IAG provides supports to DCFS wards, 18-21 years of age, through a Transitional Living Program (TLP). These young adults have a wide range of impairments, ranging from Developmental Disabilities to Mental Illness as well as emotional disorders from severe abuse and neglect. The TLP assists young people, who have previously been in residential facilities, with the development of skills and abilities in order to be independent within the community. In an effort to replace the pain of abandonment and abuse with a life of trust and support, these young people receive training and supports:
- to secure and maintain a job;
- to find, apply for and maintain a lease at an apartment;
- to budget and effectively manage their money;
- to maintain their residence; and
- to interact with others in a positive manner.